- Founded in 2002 as Beacon Consultants
- Renamed AlterAction in early 2014 to better reflect our mission
- Small business status
- Headquarters: 350 Lincoln Place, Suite 2400, Hingham, MA 02043 (Boston area)
- NAICS: 541613 (Marketing Consulting Services)
- SIC: 8742 (Management Consulting Services)
- D-U-N-S: 609915009
Admittedly, we’re an odd bunch.
Because we’re absolutely passionate about something that most people tend to avoid: CHANGE. (For an amusing counterpoint, see the short “Wayne’s World” video clip in our Mini-Museum.)
We’ve tackled some of the greatest marketing challenges of our time, from energy independence to climate change to public health epidemics. We’ve also tackled much smaller scale behavior challenges — e.g. “how do we turn ordinary customers into raving fans?” — and have found them equally rewarding.
Changing human behavior usually calls for multiple interventions in multiple areas.
That’s why AlterAction consultants — and our project teams — have very broad and practical experience. Our individual management experience spans sales & marketing, advertising & public relations, service delivery, operations, and technology management. In addition, AlterAction consultants have held leadership positions in business, government, and nonprofit enterprises.
We assemble multi-disciplinary project teams from AlterAction staff and a tight network of partners and associates. They include:
- Social science and human psychology experts
- Industry and subject matter experts
- Business development professionals (who forge and manage strategic partnerships with organizations that share our client’s goals)
- Operations experts
- Product development professionals
- Information technology professionals
Clients tell us that our diversity of experience brings inspiration, new ideas, and perspective to their challenges.
It also gives us the ability to anticipate – and overcome – technological and operational implementation challenges for our clients.