Marketing Associate Internship
AlterAction is a boutique consultancy dedicated to behavior change and social marketing. We develop and implement comprehensive strategies, campaigns, programs, products/services, technologies, materials and media with a single purpose in mind: to drive new behaviors. Targets for behavior change include our clients’ customers, members, employees, constituents, or communities.
Our clients are leading corporate, nonprofit, and government organizations (examples include UPS, EDF, and the US Environmental Protection Agency). We’ve helped them save lives, reduce pollution, improve their workplaces, and operate more efficiently. To learn more, please visit www.alteractionconsulting.com.
This we can promise: you won’t be spending your internship making coffee or photocopying! We don’t have time to waste, and we won’t waste yours, either. As a Marketing Associate intern, you will become an integral member of our team with important responsibilities, such as:
- Assisting our clients with human behavior change and social marketing campaigns
- Email newsletter campaign management: drafting, editing and posting content, managing subscriber lists, and keeping our contact database up to date
- Social media campaign management: drafting, editing, and posting content to LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, SlideShare, Pinterest, and more.
- Regularly updating content on our website, with an eye to search engine optimization.
- Researching public speaking opportunities.
- Outreach to media & other PR opportunities.
- Researching “expert networks” such as Gerson Lehrman Group
Additional Job Details
Why would we give so much responsibility to an intern? Because we are ultimately looking to fill a permanent position; an internship with real responsibility is the best way for us to get to know your capabilities and work style.
Part-time (at least initially) — about 20 hours per week
Position is open and we’d like to hire ASAP.
We generally start work around 9 and wrap up around 5:30, but we are flexible and will try to accommodate any reasonable schedule.
Address: 350 Lincoln St., Suite 2400, Hingham, MA 02043
We offer free parking and easy access to public transportation. We are located across the street from the Hewitt’s Cove ferry terminal, with regular boat service to/from downtown Boston. Additionally, MBTA bus 220 stops here, providing easy access to the MBTA Red Line — it’s a 10 minute ride to Quincy Center Station.
About $10-15 per hour, based on prior experience. A significant pay increase is likely if the internship leads to regular employment.
Opportunities for Advancement:
Plenty! This internship provides a way for us to evaluate you as an employee and for you to evaluate us as an employer. Our intent is to promote star performers to a part-time or full-time salaried position.
Who Should Apply
We want people who are passionate about the work and eager to learn and contribute. Recent graduates or current graduate students in marketing, PR, advertising, psychology, sociology, communications, journalism, or creative writing programs are preferred.
Applicants must offer concrete evidence of being…
- Seriously organized
- Self-directed (takes initiative!)
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Willing to pitch-in and help, depending on what is needed at the time. (In a small company everyone wears multiple hats!)
Comfortable working with the following tools:
- Email marketing platforms (ideally MailChimp)
- Social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and others
- Business productivity platforms such as MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- CRM databases (ideally SalesForce.com)
Excellent writing and analytical skills are essential. Besides seeking diversity in our workplace, we prefer applicants who are personable, creative, and blessed with a sense of humor.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com. Please summarize your relevant qualifications and coursework in a cover letter, and describe why you are interested in the opportunity. Please include the dates that you are available as well.